Thursday, September 23, 2010

almost A-B-C... just almost


credit - http://www.shadowandact.com/?p=23597

Gugu Mbatha-Raw premiered in Undercovers last night! A hit show in my opinion, and I'm not just saying that because of all the face and some body shots of the dreamy Boris Kodjoe. (He is sooooooooooooo fine. Wooooo!!!! Fanning myself.) Okay, where was I? Yes, Gugu. For all the naturals and curlies out there she might be the closest we get to Another Boldly Curly on mainstream TV. Her hair through the show was mostly natural looking, with her natural waves, and then straight and curled in one scene. No, she's not doing it like our girl Solange, but for mainstream TV, I'll take what I can get. I hope she encourages you to keep it real and keep it curly.











1 comment:

  1. I love this show, Boris' acting has really come a long way. As for Gugu, she reminded me very much of actress Kerry Washington. I have this theory that if a Director or Producer can't get the actor they really want (whether it be money or availability issues) they look for a look-a-like. Having said that, Gugu is a gorgeous sister. What I like the most is that she wasn't racially ambiguous which seems to be the thing in mainstream television and advertising. I have noticed lately though how more and more naturals are being featured in commercials. Ford Fiesta has a commerical with about 3 naturals, and the new Gain fabric softener commercial features an older woman rocking a puff. In any case, glad to see another natural sista on board. Great post!

    ReplyDelete