Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Perfect Black Pants

I'm on the search for a new pair of versatile black pants. I've had a wonderful pair for years and now it's coming apart at the seams. It was a pair by Express I got years ago. High waisted, no pockets which gave it a seamless line through the hips, stretch material, and flare legged. I'd wear it to the stores shopping over the weekend and to work on a casual day with a long sweater. I could even wear it with a cute top and banging shoes, head out to the club, which I did last month. I could pig out with these pants too because of the stretch material. Much more comfortable than jeans. I could travel in them too. They wer perfect!! Best of all, I got these Express pants at Ross. I know it's hard to believe that the extravagant luxury-seeking TILshop girl shopped there. Don't sleep on Ross. Anyhow, I've tried to find backups to give these pants a break and nothing was comparable - the potentials would be too low waisted, too short, woven in a way that it'd succumb to fuzz balls, or it was too light and my legs would be cold. So here are my options so far. I'll let you know when the search is over.

INC International Concepts® Classic Wide-Leg Pant $79.00 (This is close but I definitely did not pay that much)


INC International Concepts® Fit-And-Flare Pant for $59.00 (Another close one)



Victoria Secret's Slip-on pants for $49.00 (close but too loose at the thigh)


Alice + Olivia's High Waist Pants for $279.00 (has pockets and a 3 figure price, so that's a no)




Do you see how hard this is?

3 comments:

  1. Oprah's show last night was all about finding the perfect pair of pants. Check out oprah.com. It was really cool to learn how to shop for pants that fit - not too loose, not too tight, just perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Alice + Olivia pants. Newport News never looks like it does in the catalog when you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the perfect black pants for you. I found this designer and fell in love with the pants. They are expensive looking, smooth and flattering, stretchy, washable and wrinkle resistant. Even better...there is a style to fit every figure!! www.krazylarrypants.com

    ReplyDelete